Search
  • Blake Calhoun

Prep for a New Short Film


We shot another new short film for the FiLMiC Pro contest this year and so wanted to share our gear prep.

For this one we primarily used an iPhone XS Max, but then also used a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K rig. This contest requires the film to be shot 70% with FiLMiC Pro - thus we used multiple cameras for the other 30% (including a RED Weapon).

The movie is due by 9/30/19, so nine days from this post. We should make the deadline. :) But, we have a lot of work to do!

Once it's ready and online we'll post a link to the film here as well.

UPDATE... here's the short film!

One of the best things about these kind of contests is they give filmmakers some motivation to make a film. Everyone (including us) love to talk about cameras and gear and tech, but actually using that gear to making something cool is what it's really all about.

And as we often say... "Don't wait to create!"

If you're interested in learning how to shoot your own movie using FiLMiC Pro then definitely check out our course, "The Complete Guide To FiLMiC Pro" and SAVE 10% using this link. :)

Happy filmmaking!

P.S. Just got the new iPhone 11 Pro Max so look for a lot of new videos related to it - and shot using it. The camera systems seems to be even better than the XS Max.

#iPhoneshortfilms #iPhonefilmmaking #DIYFilmmaking

© 2012-2020 The iPhoneographers, Splashbox Studios and ImageWorks Inc. 

 

We are not affiliated with Apple Inc. All trademarks, product names, and company names or logos appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any of them does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation, unless expressly stated.